This Vision 2020 webinar, in partnership with the International Association of Fire Chiefs, provided case studies of successful programs from around the nation on the full spectrum of CRR strategies. Attendees saw examples of CRR strategies that integrate emergency operations and prevention activities.
- To Identify successful and measurable outcomes through varied case studies
- How to conduct a statewide risk assessment relative to CRR planning
- To use CRR planning to help with ISO rating
- Dave Berry, Captain, Anaheim Fire & Rescue
- Kenneth Tyree, West Virginia State Fire Marshal
- Jim Crawford, Vision 20/20 Project Manager
This webinar, in partnership between the International Association of Fire Chiefs and Vision 20/20, introduced attendees to the Fire Safety Materials Generator developed by Vision 20/20 in 2015. This free online resource allows fire departments and their partners to create customized tools including fire department logos, contact information and photographs to educate the public about smoke alarms and cooking safety.
Presenters discussed new materials launched to help CRR practitioners reach community members living in rental properties.
- How to use the Fire Safety Materials Generator to create customized education tools for your CRR and prevention programs
- Research applications initiated from property managers and renters that drove the development of new materials
- Tools and techniques an award-winning public educator is using to reduce risks in rental properties
- Meri-K Appy, Vision 20/20
- Chief Joanne Hatch, Tualatin Valley (OR) Fire & Rescue
- Shannon Maggio, Project Manager at Marketing 4 Change